Thank you for registering and/or attending our Navigating Blood Cancer program with one of our partner organizations: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
We had a lovely time hearing from Jennifer Wilson and Crissy Kus about how LLS can help you navigate blood cancer diagnoses. Jennifer shared with us how her team at the Information Resource Center helps direct leukemia and lymphoma patients and caregivers to the resources within their organization that can most appropriately aid them with their needs and questions. Crissy gave us a thorough overview of CAR-T Therapy, one of the newest treatment options for blood cancers.
Some of the essential takeaways from the program are as follows:
- All of the LLS services are free to the community.
- The Clinical Trial Support Center has a process in place for supporting patients.
- LLS has helped advance every critical advancement of blood cancer treatment, including the pioneering American antigen receptor CAR-T therapy.
- T-cells are a central part of the body’s immune system, but they sometimes fail to defeat cancer for several reasons.
- CAR-T, or Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell, Therapy was first approved for pediatric ALL and adult NHL patients in 2017, and it is a particular kind of targeted therapy.
- CAR-T technology genetically modifies a patient’s T-cells and enables them to recognize, increase and attack target cells.
Essential resources to have at your fingertips are:
- The Clinical Trial Support Center (CTSC)
- The Information Resources Center (IRC) can be emailed here or called at 1-800-955-4572
- Use the Patient or Caregiver Referral Form to ask an Information Specialist or Nurse Navigator to contact you.
If you would like to know more about this topic, you can view our recording of the event here.
As always, you can view all of the GRYT Health upcoming events for October here, and we will also list them below. All of our events are free, but we ask that you register ahead of time!
Don’t forget to sign up for our Global Virtual Cancer Conference, also known as GVCC! It’s November 11-13, 2021, ALL on Zoom via our conference platform! As always, registration is free! Click here to register!
All who register by THIS Friday, September 24, 2021, will receive a FREE SWAG box in the mail with lots of fantastic GRYT Health merchandise! (It’s so cool, even our staff all want it!)
Our October Member Meetup is happening on October 19th at 7 pm ET. Make sure you are registered!!
Additionally, the GRYT Health Cancer Community app is a resource that’s available 24/7. You can privately hang out and have discussions in the general chat room, message people, connect with people in similar situations, and access Vivibot, our positive psychology chatbot! The app is available in the App Store and Google Play. You can also log in and use the app and its features from your desktop here.
GRYT Health encourages you all to use your voice. By signing up for The GRYT Project you can learn more about GRYT Health’s research projects and how you can participate with them. We also love when our community shares their story by submitting blogs and videos! If you don’t know where to start in sharing your story, please reach out to us and we can assist you in that process.
We are always open to feedback and suggestions, so please let us know if you have ideas on making our GRYT Health programs better! These programs are for YOU and the GRYT Health Cancer Community.
We hope to see all of you soon at future GRYT Health virtual events or at our Global Virtual Cancer Conference!
Thanks for reading! What should you do next?
- Want to connect with others? Our GRYT Health platform is a safe place for real conversations where you can connect with others who are going through what you are. Bonus! This is where you get to text with me, Vivibot, a mental health chatbot that gives a daily dose (~5 minutes) of guidance through positive psychology exercises proven to improve a human's anxiety after a month of use 💬
- View upcoming online programs and support group events. Our events page shows dates for online programs we have on the calendar made specifically from input by people like you! We <3 our community and listen to bring programs to life that they're asking for 💞
- Read cancer patient stories. Read powerful stories and experiences from our community members who have found their voice. Advocacy starts at finding and using your voice 📢