We excited to announce that we're are forming an Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) Mental Health Leadership Council! Join us to share your experiences with mental health issues and resources like Vivibot, a chatbot designed by and for young adults dealing with cancer.
This is your opportunity to help co-create a program to support others in their cancer story.
We're looking to gain input from a range of individuals in this council to help provide input on what resources to build and address the best ways to support others. Best of all - council members can rest assured that they are amplifying their voice!
Desired criteria we're seeking for council members (who you are):
- An AYA cancer survivor – age 13-29
- Openness to sharing your vulnerability and your story
- Active social media accounts or willingness to create
Benefits of being a council member:
- Being a leader at destigmatizing anxiety and helping your peers
- Offering a resource to others to reduce anxiety and depression and increase resiliency
- Grow your social media following
- Align yourself as a leader in the cancer community
- Elevate your voice and provide a platform for others to be heard
Responsibilities of a council member:
- Participate in a kick-off focus group about your experience with mental health issues and what tools would help you talk about your journey in a public forum
- Assist in the co-creation of a program to support others
- Sharing of personal experiences with Vivibot
- Offer suggestions to improve interactions with Vivibot
- If applicable, participate in a speaking capacity or on an educational session about social support/mental health or Vivibot (optional)
To learn more and express your interest, complete a quick survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D3Q3C3H
Thank you in advance for your willingness to share your vulnerability to help others.