GRYT Health to Host Second Annual Global Virtual Cancer Conference (GVCC)
Free Virtual Event Offers Education, Connection and Empowerment to Cancer Patients, Survivors and Caregivers
Featuring Keynote Speaker Jim Kelly, Former Buffalo Bills Quarterback and Oral Cancer Survivor
Rochester, NY – October 7, 2020 – GRYT (“grit”) Health, a digital oncology company that empowers people to be in charge of their own health, is hosting the second annual Global Virtual Cancer Conference (GVCC) on Friday, Nov. 13 and Saturday, Nov. 14, 2020. The inaugural GVCC was the largest ever virtual cancer conference with more than 3,000 registrations from close to 60 countries and more than 100 pharmaceutical company and non-profit partners.
“The goal of GVCC20 is to unite patients, advocates, innovators, experts and healthcare change makers in a fully virtual conference accessible by anyone, anywhere, that will empower attendees to live a better life and advance science,” said Dave Fuehrer, chief executive officer of GRYT Health and cancer survivor. “Traditionally, treatment decisions have been made without fully considering the patient and caregiver perspectives. Through a relentless focus on the patient experience and by partnering with healthcare organizations that do the same, we are working to change that. GVCC20 is one important part of creating awareness in the difference patients can make.”
GVCC20 will empower attendees through connection, education and advocacy. Conference highlights include:
- An inspirational keynote session with former Buffalo Bill’s quarterback and oral cancer survivor, Jim Kelly, about his personal perseverance, journey through cancer and how he is using his voice to make a difference
- Opening remarks by Davide Piras, senior vice president, worldwide oncology, Bristol Myers Squibb, discussing how, through a commitment to transforming lives and improving the world we live in, Bristol Myers Squibb is accelerating and expanding health equity and diversity and inclusion efforts on a global scale
- A live musical performance and Q&A session with Benjamin Scheuer, songwriter, author and playwright of The Lion, which chronicles his experience with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma as a young adult
- Educational sessions on cutting-edge research and the latest in cancer treatments, including CAR-T, immunotherapy and targeted treatments
- Interactive discussions on the importance of self-advocacy and the difference patient voice can make in the industry, including a focus on participation in patient experience research and a real-time survivorship plan workshop
- Relevant conversations about health equity and how to make meaningful change in our healthcare systems
- Access to resources from patient advocacy groups in our Virtual Exhibit Hall and through interactive sessions on Bristol Myers Squibb’s Study Connect, PEER and the COVID Advocacy Exchange Programs
- A live, interactive Clinical Trial Fair on Friday, Nov. 13, connecting patients with treatment options and meaningful research opportunities
- Ample time for connections with fellow attendees, virtual networking and fun – including dance lessons, fitness classes and writing exercises
“GVCC20 brings real value for patients, survivors and caregivers in the oncology ecosystem and we are proud to support the program as part of our continued commitment to patients worldwide,” said Cathy Trzaskawka, executive director and head, global advocacy at Bristol Myers Squibb. “We have been looking forward to GVCC20 since the success of the program last year because it provides a platform to connect with patients as people and share resources in real-time, interactive ways.”
GVCC20 is a fully virtual conference, hosted on a proprietary technology platform that encourages interaction. The system leverages Zoom meeting functionality for presentations, performances and breakouts. Registration for GVCC20 is free and available at www.gvcc20.com.
The Founding Partner for GVCC20 is Bristol Myers Squibb. Non-profit partners include Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Paltown/Colon Town, Livestrong Foundation, LUNGevity Foundation, Lymphoma Coalition and The Max Foundation.
About GRYT Health
GRYT Health is a digital oncology company that empowers people to be in charge of their own health through education, engagement and support. We offer a community free from judgment that focuses on humanity and the value each person brings.
Our mission is to improve quality of life and increase survival for people facing cancer through the relentless focus on patient experience. We put patients first and work with healthcare organizations that do the same. We use the patient voice to enhance drug development and access; and together, we are helping to move healthcare forward. To learn more, visit www.grythealth.com.
Nichole W. Owens
Chief Marketing Officer
Breast Cancer Survivor